Is communication with a 1ch-Gateway possible?

Hello and thanks in advance.

I am trying to implement a tow way communication via ttn.
I am using tow T-Beam boards V1.1, one as my gateway ( ESP-1ch-Gateway ) and one as my node with arduino-lmic. So far I have been able to recive the “Hello World” from the ttn-abp example but I have not been able to return a mesage to the node. Maybe I misunderstood the code, but I assumed it would print a “EV_RXCOMPLETE” if the node recives a mesage. I allso tried the ttn-otaa example, here I get the following message via the serial port:
Starting
Packet queued
3524: EV_JOINING
291407: EV_TXSTART
670231: EV_JOIN_TXCOMPLETE: no JoinAccept

Some times it then keeps trying(EV_TXSTART ->EV_JOIN_TXCOMPLETE: no JoinAccept ),
sometimes it prints FAILURE and points towards …\Arduino\libraries\MCCI_LoRaWAN_LMIC_library\src\lmic\radio.c:1065.

When I restart the node the ttn Application Data sometimes catches the activation mesage of the node. But no mesage data.

Now I am wondering wheather the communication with a downlink from a 1ch-Gateway is even possible. Can I restrict the node to 1CH? Are there any ohter sugestions?

Board: T-Beam (as far as I konw its V1.1)
Radio type: HPD13A V1.1 → Sx1276
LMIC Version: 3.3.0
LoRaWAN region: eu868
Gateway Type: Single Chanel

MCCI LMIC is a LoRaWAN 1.0.3 compliant stack. Single channel gateways do not fulfill the LoRaWAN specs. So this won"t work.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your answer. I will try to get my hands on a 8CH LoRaWAN gateway. And then continue.