EV_JOIN_TXCOMPLETE: no JoinAccept

Hi

I’m, using arduino-lmic library on an arduino Uno connected to a SX1276 Lora module. I started with ttn-otaa example but the output is always EV_JOIN_TXCOMPLETE: no JoinAccept

At TTN console i can see received activation requests, but it seems they are not succeded.

My lmic_project_config.h file is:

#define CFG_eu868 1
#define CFG_sx1276_radio 1
#define DISABLE_PING
#define DISABLE_BEACONS
#define LMIC_ENABLE_DeviceTimeReq 0

and my pin definition is:

// Pin mapping
const lmic_pinmap lmic_pins = {
.nss = 10,
.rxtx = LMIC_UNUSED_PIN,
.rst = 9,
.dio = {3, 4, 5},
};

I also try on setup()

LMIC_setClockError(MAX_CLOCK_ERROR * 30 / 100);

but with no luck.

Any clue?
Thanks

Sorry you’re having troubles. We discovered during the V3.3 dev cycle that people were using setClockError() for two reasons: inaccurate clocks, and poor control of timing in the calling environment. Some CPUs (STM320L0 at 2 MHz) really do have grossly incorrect clocks. But most CPUs have crystal oscillators and a clock error of more than 0.5% is unexpected.

And setClockError, applied to “fix” poorly controlled timing, grossly wastes CPU power and masks the issue without fixing it worst case.

Thus, though I may have made a mistake, I changed LMIC_setClockError() to clamp clock error to about 0.5%. If you really need to set a huge clock error, there’s a macro you can put in the config file to disable the limit. But before you do that, you should run the raw script and make sure you can receive; and run the compliance script with logging (not debug prints!) enabled to figure out why you have timing problems.

Hello
I get the same issue
I am using lora shield v1.4 and arduino uno and au915
The port monitoring only show EV_TXSTART EV_JOIN_TXCOMPLETE :no join accept
And my applicant data in TTN is no data appear
My gateway is self-build single channel using rasp pi and lora shield v1.4 and there are no data appear on gateway in TTN
Any help will be grateful
Thanks !

… there are no data appear on gateway in TTN

I’m not sure this is up to date with the discussion on github. Try the Raw sketch first, and see if it works device-to-device. Once that’s working, try to find out why the gateway is not receiving your data. TTN may not really support one-channel gateway operation; you may need to use ChirpStack. The LMIC is not designed to support single channel gateways. With AU915, it might work, but generally it will be troublesome.